The largest independent game festival in Latin America, Brazil’s Independent Game (BIG) Festival, is gearing up for its 10th edition.
BIG Festival is part of the Brazil Games Export Program’s lineup of events, with the goal to promote Brazilian studios globally and Brazil as a hub for business, talent, and great games!
The Brazil Games Export Program is a partnership between Abragames – the Brazilian Games Companies Association and Apex-Brasil – Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency.
For its 2022 edition, BIG’s trusted BIG’s partner Xsolla will be returning once again to reward studios for their amazing creations!
As part of the festivities, a number of awards and prizes will be presented across multiple categories. For the 2022 edition, BIG Festival is excited to welcome back Xsolla, who will be providing $80,000 USD in prizes to participants of BIG Festival.
All finalists of BIG Festival 2022 will receive a grant with a $500 USD credit line from Xsolla Partner Network for covering expenses while working with influencers and affiliate networks by revenue share model. They will also receive an invitation to Xsolla Diamond Club — a collective of video game industry-only professionals organized as a networking club, which provides members with various perks and features, and hosts regular events and speaker’s sessions for its members.
In addition, Xsolla will provide a free package of their core services to the winners of the central categories of BIG Festival. This package includes:
- Free use of Xsolla Login and Xsolla Launcher products for the periods of Friends & Family and Alpha-tests (a limit of 100 MAU, build size of 25GB, and traffic of 25TB max total applied)
- Free custom design mock-ups for Xsolla Launcher, Xsolla Login, landing pages, and game forum built on the Xsolla Site Builder, and partnership programs for video bloggers (w/out following design integration and program set-up)
- Setup and launch of pre-order campaigns or any other monetization stage while using Xsolla Site Builder
- Free setup and launch of the Xsolla In-Game Store for games with cross-platform player inventory connected with free inventory storage provided by Xsolla (limit of 10K MAU applied)
- Single Job post published on 80 Level Talent for 1 month (with the promotion via the HR Brand and job post by 80 Level Team)
- An invitation to Xsolla Funding Club for finding investments for a game
Xsolla’s core services will be awarded in the following categories:
Best Game: International
Best Game: Latin America
Best Game: Brazil
BIG Impact: Educational Category
BIG Impact: Social Matters Category
BIG Impact: Best Diversity Game
Best Game for Kids
Best Mobile Game
Best BIG Brand
Best Student Game
Best Game: Popular Choice
Best Game: Xsolla’s Choice
And finally, Xsolla will award a special prize to one lucky studio at BIG Festival 2022. The winner of Best Game by Xsolla’s Choice will receive:
- A monetary prize of $10,000 USD
- A soft commitment from Xsolla Funding Club to co-invest in the game in the amount of 20% of the budget requested in the funding application
- The investment application will be featured in the Xsolla Funding Club
From now until February 28, 2022, independent game creators, developers, and publishers from all over the world are encouraged to register for BIG Festival, taking place from July 5 to 10, 2022, online and in-person at the Frei Caneca Convention Center in São Paulo. Games of all genres made for any platform are welcome, including commercially released games, provided they have been available for no more than two years prior to the festival start date. To register, visit https://www.bigfestival.com.br/take-part.html.
BIG Festival is a fundamental business hub for video game professionals across the globe, forging connections through its lectures, networking events, and digital and face-to-face meetings. Learn more by visiting the official site: https://www.bigfestival.com.br.
Follow Brazil Games on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram to learn more about the many talented studios and companies they work with, and to keep up to date with their achievements.
About Brazil Games
Brazil Games is the export program created by the Brazilian Independent Game Companies Association, ABRAGAMES, in partnership with Apex-Brasil, the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency. Our goal is to promote the Brazilian Indie Game industry internationally, developing new business opportunities for our companies. The Brazil Games Program also promotes Brazil as the hub for business in Latin America and invites buyers, investors, and publishers for BIG Festival, Brazil's Independent Games Festival, the most important international indie games festival, and the hub for international business in Latin America.
The Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex-Brasil) works to promote Brazilian products and services abroad and to attract foreign investment to strategic sectors of the Brazilian economy. The Agency's efforts comprise trade and prospective missions, business rounds, support for the participation of Brazilian companies in major international trade fairs, the arrangement of technical visits of foreign buyers and opinion makers to learn about the Brazilian productive structure, and other select activities designed to strengthen the country’s branding abroad. Apex-Brasil also plays a leading role in attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) to Brazil, by working to identify business opportunities, promoting strategic events, and providing support to foreign investors interested in allocating resources in Brazil.
PRESS CONTACT - BRAZIL GAMES
Lisa Mior | Brendan Quinn