Sao Paulo, September 2nd, 2019 - A delegation of eight Brazilian game companies will be attending External Development Summit, XDS, in Vancouver, Canada, from September 4th to 6th. XDS is the only annual, international game industry event with a primary focus on external development for art, animation, audio, software engineering, QA and localization.
Brazil Games, a partnership between Abragames (The Brazilian Game Companies Association), and Apex-Brasil (The Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency), has been attending XDS since 2015. The Brazilian developers will network with potential partners, prospect new opportunities and offer their services to top companies in the global industry.
According to Eliana Russi, executive manager at Brazil Games, XDS has been a key event to some of the companies that is focus on external development. "The first year we had a delegation at the show, the Brazilian companies had very little experience with external development, important players of the game industry didn’t even know about Brazil as a service provider. After five years of participation, we have great companies such as Kokku, Lumen Games and PUGA Studios providing amazing services for games as Horizon Zero Dawn, Just Cause 4, Overwatch, Among The Sleep and others.
The next event on Brazil Games’ schedule will be, for the first time, Tokyo Game Show, in Japan, from September 12th to 15th, followed by Game Connection Europe, which will take place in Paris, France, from October 29th to 31st.
The Brazil Games catalogue for 2019 XDS can be accessed here. Also, check out our reel.
A full list of companies attending XDS Canada can be accessed below.
- Arcolabs – Located in Rio de Janeiro, is a game development company focused on games for children and educational platforms. The studio is looking for Kids IPS and partners to develop worldwide games.
- Diorama Digital - Located in Recife, PE, is an external development company specialized in 3D, 2D and concept art. Recently the company joined forces with Blackzebra, another Brazilian outsourcing company, putting together a robust portfolio, which includes titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn (Work done in partnership with Kokku Games), Just Cause 4, Overwatch, among others.
- Flux Games – located in São Paulo City, Flux is a creative studio that develops full unique experiences with original ideas for active, future or past IPs. Flux is a 7 year-old game development studio and has developed over 70+ projects and published some original IPs to the general public.
- Garage 227- Garage 227 Studios is focused in providing services to third parties in 3D Modeling, Concept Art, Animation and full Game Development. "Among The Sleep", Nintendo Switch port, Tantra Rumble (2D and 3D art, partnership with Kokku Hub), Defunct, Nintendo Switch port, Truck Driver (NPC illustrations), The Overkill’s The Walking Dead (partnership with Flux Game Studio - Twitch + UE4integration), among others.
- Kokku - Located in Recife, PE, is the largest Brazilian External Development company known for its work on AAA titles such “Horizon: Zero Dawn” and “Sniper Ghost Warrior III”, among others. They deliver high quality assets and products that range from 3D Art, to Engineering, to Full Game Development. Their experience comes from working on a diversified list of projects, from AAA titles to casual mobile games.
- Lumen Games - Located in Aracaju, SE, Lumen has been creating games since 2004, focused in the freemium mobile industry on the past years. From concept to live operations, their team has the expertise to create and release free-to-play games in the mobile industry.
- Oktagon Games - Located in Londrina, South of Brazil, is the developer of Magic The Gathering Puzzle Quest has been focusing on free-to-play mobile since 2009. They are a one-stop-shop studio with a top-notch liveOps-as-service offering. Oktagon main services are Engineering (Unity), Back-end, Data Science and GD.
- PUGA STUDIOS - Located in Recife, PE, Puga Studio are an experienced game development company founded by people who have 10y+ in the game industry. Puga focus is providing high quality art and full development outsourcing services, they are looking for partners who needs 3D stylized assets, UI/UX, Engineering, and Co-Development services for theirs games.
Brazil Games is the export program created by the Brazilian Independent Game Companies Association, ABRAGAMES, in partnership with Apex-Brasil, the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency. Our goal is to promote the Brazilian Indie Game industry internationally, developing new business opportunities for our companies. The Brazil Games Program also promotes Brazil as the hub for business in Latin America and invites buyers, investors and publishers for BIG Festival, Brazil's Independent Games Festival, the most important international indie games festival and the hub for international business in Latin America.
The Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex-Brasil) works to promote Brazilian products and services abroad, and to attract foreign investment to strategic sectors of the Brazilian economy. Apex-Brasil organizes several initiatives aiming to promote Brazilian exports abroad. The Agency's efforts comprise trade and prospective missions, business rounds, support for the participation of Brazilian companies in major international trade fairs, arrangement of technical visits of foreign buyers and opinion makers to learn about the Brazilian productive structure, and other select activities designed to strengthen the country’s branding abroad. Apex-Brasil also plays a leading role in attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) to Brazil, by working to identify business opportunities, promoting strategic events and lending support to foreign investors willing to allocate resources in Brazil.